Pages

Friday, October 30, 2020

Eco Friendly Living

As an environmental science major, it's hard to ignore all of the stress we put on our ecosystems with waste. Recently, I have genuinely started to focus on the before and after life of products I purchase. I started asking myself questions. For example: Where do these materials come from? How are they distributed? How is the waste processed? How does this impact the environment? Many systems are involved in obtaining goods for our use and it's easy to forget that. One of my new long term goals is to research products before I purchase them. The second is to try and steer clear of plastics (which honestly seems next to impossible).The change may appear to be insignificant but I feel as though the small changes I make in reducing my carbon footprint and using less plastic will leave the world a little less polluted. So onward I go to continue my (almost) zero waste mission! 

A poster with planet earth among trash Royalty Free Vector












                                                           


2 comments:

  1. Hey Jackie! I always think about doing this but I get so busy. Please let me know how it goes for you. I feel the same way, like I can not get away from plastic, its disgusting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maria!
    I started by making small changes. Using bar shampoo, conditioner, and lotion. Check out Blueland, these are ecofriendly refillable cleaners for your home. Plus a plastic free toilet paper company called Who Gives a Crap (they support a really great cause), and one more off the top of my head is Sheets laundry products. Best part about these laundry products is that they leave no trace of microplastics!

    ReplyDelete