Pages

Friday, February 1, 2019

Welcome Back!

Starting off, I wasn't able to get any bacteria to grow on my TSA plates. Until yesterday, I finally had growth. My new solution to this problem is to make new TSA plates to make sure the bacteria has an adequate amount of food to survive on. If this doesn't work, there very well could be a different explanation. This semester I will also be using a different tool to identify the bacteria we do find. I'm excited and ready to dig in and get my hands dirty.
First growth plate

1 comment:

  1. This semester...I also had a difficult time getting my bacteria grow. However, I think that you are on the right track looking at the food source. I re-examined my plates and realized that I was making the agar incorrectly. I compared the growth on the plates I made correctly and incorrectly. As it turns out, the bacteria actually grew better on the plates I made incorrectly.

    ReplyDelete