Pages

Friday, April 9, 2021

Environmental Science & Gardening Talk

Several years ago, before I started delving into my environmental science studies, I knew quite a bit about the field. Once I started concentrating on the relationships mankind has with nature, it has changed my perspective on how we live. I was shocked to learn how ubiquitous plastics are in our environment. How microplastics are consuming our oceans, even making their way to Antarctica. I still believe learning about plastics in our environment is an advanced topic. Especially when you consider how much researchers are still piecing together on the matter. I've learned the most about this topic by taking environmental chemistry. 

One thing I would like to learn over the next three years is mastering the art of gardening. I've been gardening for many years now and consider it to be my zen time. I think it's important to connect with our food and the work required to make it grow. Even if the gardening is on a small scale. To enhance my gardening skills, I want to be able to signup for a master gardener course. These courses give you knowledge about what you can grow in a certain zone, eco-friendly ways to deliver nutrients to your gardens, and the appropriate time to plant certain food crops. 




No comments:

Post a Comment