Pages

Friday, April 23, 2021

Now What!?

 It's kind of surreal to think that I am officially at the end of my bachelor's degree. My short-term professional goals will be to obtain the necessary licenses and certifications that most people look for in the environmental science field. By acquiring these certifications, it can allow me to be more competitive in the field. As far as long-term career goals, I would eventually like to work for the government. Preferably in a soil science position. Working in soil science can do a lot for any community. As our existence depends on agriculture and the health of resources. 

There are many societal changes I wish to see happen at this moment: environmental justice, racial justice, climate change progress, and pollution mitigation. Every single one of these changes will directly apply to today and 20 years into the future. One thing I can do to address these challenges would be to educate people on the environment. Or have constructive and meaningful conversations with others. In my opinion, the best way to approach these issues is to always be aware that they are there and happening. Volunteering is something I want to do shortly to help with these problems we face as a society. 

One thing that makes me optimistic in my immediate future is finding a place of my own to live. It may seem a little silly; however, having our own sacred space in the world is very important. Especially when you long for solitude and quiet at the end of a long day. Focusing on this is very motivating for me to work hard. Being optimistic makes allows you to remain hopeful and positive even if times are grim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment